Reg bringing up libqmi

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Thu Feb 21 01:03:14 PST 2013

Hi Swarna,

> I am trying to bring up libqmi in a embedded residential gateway product.
>
> Please let me know if there is any light weight libqmi source, since i will not be able to install the required packages, glib in my product.

inside oFono (drivers/qmimodem/qmi.c) we have a lightweight QMI library.
It still uses GLib, but only its core library for the mainloop and basic
data structures. So no GObject or JSON.

If you really want to use QMI properly, then only an integration into a
real telephony stack makes sense. I never considered a standalone QMI
library a good idea. Same as nobody really has a standalone library for
just handling AT commands. So for oFono its all fully integrated and
that helps a lot when you reach the point of having to deal with the SIM
filesystem, SIM Toolkit or SMS.

Regards

Marcel