MC7750 libqmi

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Tue Nov 5 09:36:02 CET 2013

> root at OpenWrt:/# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --nas-get-signal-strength
> [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got signal strength
> Current:
> Network 'cdma-1x': '-96 dBm'
> Other:
> Network 'cdma-1xevdo': '-63 dBm'
> RSSI:
> Network 'cdma-1x': '-96 dBm'
> Network 'cdma-1xevdo': '-63 dBm'
> ECIO:
> Network 'cdma-1x': '-7.0 dBm'
> Network 'cdma-1xevdo': '9.0 dBm'
> IO: '-52 dBm'
> SINR: (8) '9.0 dB'

Your 'current' network is reported as being CDMA-1x, not even EV-DO. Is
that expected? You can try to tell your module to use EV-DO, which seems
to have better signal, using:

# qmicli \
  -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 \
  --nas-set-system-selection-preference="cdma-1xevdo"

> root at OpenWrt:/# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --nas-get-serving-system
> [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got serving system:
> Registration state: 'registered'
> CS: 'attached'
> PS: 'attached'
> Selected network: '3gpp2'
> Radio interfaces: '2'
> [0]: 'cdma-1xevdo'
> [1]: 'cdma-1x'
> Roaming status: '(null)'
> Data service capabilities: '2'
> [0]: 'cdma'
> [1]: 'evdo-rev-a'
> CDMA System ID:
> SID: '40'
> NID: '4'
> CDMA Base station info:
> Base station ID: '5008'
> Latitude: '0.000000'*
> Longitude: '0.000000'*
> Roaming indicators: '2'
> [0]: '(null)' (cdma-1x)
> [1]: '(null)' ((null))
> Default roaming status: '(null)'
> 3GPP2 time zone:
> Leap seconds: '16' seconds
> Local time offset: '-480' minutes
> Daylight saving time: 'no'
> CDMA P_Rev: '6'

Can you re-run the previous command passing an additional "--verbose",
and send back the results? I'd like to get rid of those 'null' values
reported.

> root at OpenWrt:/# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --nas-get-signal-info
> error: couldn't get signal info: QMI protocol error (71): 'InvalidQmiCommand'
>
> I believe I recall --nas-get-signal-info working in the past - perhaps
> this was changed between libqmi v1.0 and what I'm on now (v1.6)?

Nope, libqmi wasn't changed in that regard. --nas-get-signal-info is
only available if your NAS service version is new enough (1.8 IIRC); you
can check which service versions you have with:

# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-service-version-info