network selection via qmi)wwan

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Sep 4 11:26:43 PDT 2013

Madhan <madhan.mepco at gmail.com> writes:

> hi bjorn,
> Is there any way to switch network using driver ? (similar to choosing
> preferred network selection of connection manager )

There are QMI NAS commands to scan and manually select a network, yes,
if that is what you meant.  The driver is not involved.  It just
provides the QMI transport.

> And also is there any way to increase or reduce the throughput ?

I don't understand this question.  You can increase and reduce
throughput the same way you can with any other network device, up to the
limit given by the network.  Which for any radio network will be a
function of lots of external factors.

This does not depend on the driver.