Telit 920 no dhcprequest on wwan0

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Apr 7 10:06:33 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Aleksander Morgado
<aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM,  <markusheuser at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
>> i have a problem with the Telit 920 Module. I can establish an connection with sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=cda.vodafone.de,PAP,myuser,mypass --client-no-release-cid
>>
>> but i don't get an ip with dhclient wwan0.
>>
>> It works over NM & PPP. I get an fixed ip from Vodafone. Any suggestions would be great. Tell me please which information you need and i will send them to you. Thank you!
>>

> Which NetworkManager and ModemManager versions are you using? You sure
> NM is doing PPP? If that is the case, you probably have ModemManager <
> 1.x, could you confirm that?
>
> Anyway, if you could ModemManager >= 1.x, please try to grab debug logs:

Hit send to quick sorry.

Try to grab debug los with MM 1.x, as said:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/

ModemManager 1.x will use libqmi internally, but still, for QMI
devices it defaults to request DHCP via NetworkManager. But but, MM
will also dump in the logs the static IP configuration, if any. If the
case is that this device doesn't like DHCP, we should really move
forward and avoid the DHCP need by applying the static IP
configuration we get back through QMI...