Getting frequency band in use

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Apr 29 12:23:28 PDT 2014

Markus Gothe <nietzsche at lysator.liu.se> writes:

> Is it Telenor or / and other companies? TDD/FDD?

Telenor and FDD.  I believe Netcom also has started enabling the same
band.  And the small CDMA450 operator "Ice.net" got the the rest of the
precious frequencies.

> When Telia went on 850MHz here in Sweden some years ago they a pretty awesome got a boost in coverage.
> We’ve also had 800MHz TDD for years now and compared to 2600MHz FDD it is to be considered slow, but not bad.

The band was just auctioned to operators in December last year.  Yes, we
expect a real coverage boost here too.

I don't know of any TDD plans. I would imagine that it's more difficult
to use the frequency resources efficiently that way.  You end up with a
lot of terminals sending noise to each other.