PolicyMismatch libqmi 1.10.2

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Thu Aug 14 05:05:07 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Danilo Magat <danny at sb-ps.ae> wrote:
> Please help im getting error while connecting...
>
> [root at localhost ~]# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=etisalat.ae
> --client-no-release-cid
> error: couldn't start network: QMI protocol error (79): 'PolicyMismatch'
> [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Client ID not released:
>     Service: 'wds'
>         CID: '7'

Quite some people have reported about this PolicyMismatch error,
happening sometimes, randomly for some and constantly for others. I
don't think we have yet a clear picture of when this error happens...
I'd suggest you check:
   * the APN being correct
   * the data plan in the SIM contract being correct

If you want to put some more pressure in order to know what this error
is about, please register and comment here:
https://www.codeaurora.org/forum/projects/gobi-mobile/policy-mismatch-error-returned-wds-start-network

:)

Cheers!