QMICLI IPV6 problem on MC7354

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Dec 16 01:17:29 PST 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Zophia Javier <zapman711 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get  IPv6 address on MC7354 via following procedures
>
> 1) AT+CGDCONT=1,IPV4V6
> 2) qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --wds-start-network=internet
> --client-no-release-cid
> 3) dhclient -6 wwan1 (I tried -N -T -P -S options and still failed.)
>
> I have confirmed the IPv6 address is already in MC7354, but the device
> cannot get IPv6 address via dhclient.
>
> Did I miss any options or commands that I should use?

The profiles set with AT+CGDCONT and what you request with QMI WDS
Start Network (--wds-start-network) are not related. The IP type to
use in the connection can be set in different ways using the QMI
protocol (e.g. with "QMI WDS Set IP Family" and
QMI_WDS_IP_FAMILY_IPV6). The problem here is that qmicli doesn't
support that command yet. You can try to use ModemManager and its
mmcli tool instead (mmcli -m 0
--simple-connect="apn=internet,ip-type=ipv6")