Sierra MC7710 on embedded debian

reiner otto augustus_meyer at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 3 09:07:31 PDT 2014

Thanx for fast response:

My script to start the wan connection:

#!/bin/bash
#Dont need pppd any more
killall pppd
echo "Wait 30s for MC7710 to settle down"
sleep 30
#set -x
qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0  --dms-uim-verify-pin=PIN,2004
sleep 10
#Next one makes no difference: Also has problem after "soft boot"

#qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=  --client-no-release-cid --device-open-sync
qmicli -v -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-start-network=  --client-no-release-cid
sleep 10
dhclient -nw  -lf /var/tmp/wan.leases wwan0
echo "Waiting for dhclient to get a lease"
sleep 10
ip route delete default
ip route add dev wwan0

echo "waiting for IP on wwan0"

I am puzzled about CID=2. Is it possible, that some data is init=0 after power cycle, set to "1" (on successful connection), but then keeps its "1" value thru soft boot ? May be, in the MC7710 itself ?

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> schrieb am 16:17 Dienstag, 3.Juni 2014:

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM, reiner otto <augustus_meyer at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Even a new error (not seen with older FW 3.05.19) showed up a few times, not
> reproducable, though:
> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0  --dms-uim-verify-pin=PIN,1234
> error: couldn't create client for the 'dms' service: CID allocation failed
> in the CTL client: Service mismatch (requested 'dms', got 'wds')
>
> May be, this helps to figure out, whats going on (stupid question: what is
> CID, and why different ?):

CID is the "client ID"; libqmi needs to allocate different client IDs
for different services.

Are you mixing different qmicli actions together? i.e. different
qmicli actions at the same time or something? Looking at the whole
start.sh script may help.

Also, did you try with Bjørn's suggestion to use "--device-open-sync"
whenever the first qmicli command is sent?