Aw: Re: Re: Update Interval --nas-get-signal-info/strength

E.B ebiegler at gmx.de
Wed May 7 14:36:02 PDT 2014

> >> I don't think that is something we can do in libqmi. Those are the
> >> values reported by the modem whenever the commands are executed. There
> >> are ways to configure the modem to emit signal quality changes as
> >> unsolicited messages when some thresholds are reached, but I haven't
> >> played with those, so not sure if they would help or not.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Aleksander
> >> https://aleksander.es
> >
> > Hey thanks so far.
> >
> > But why can i get values from qmi_message_nas_get_tx_rx_info.. as often i want and not so for qmi_message_nas_get_signal...()?
>

> You can call "NAS Get TX RX Info" whenever you want, and the same goes
> for "NAS Get Signal Info"; but for what I can tell, it's up to the
> device when those values are updated internally :/

Please excuse me that I did not express myself clear. I know that i can call this functions whenever i want. I am concerned with the threshold value. Ive measured an threshold of 3dbm for rsrp,rssi and 3db for rsrq. I'm interested in the functions qmi_message_nas_config_signal_info_input_set_X_threshold. Would it be possible for you to take a closer look on it if you have some time?

Greetings