Getting RAT capabilities

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri May 16 00:48:05 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Markus Gothe <nietzsche at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> Is there any convenient way to get the RAT capabilities? Like: LTE, WCDMA,
> GSM.
> One ugly way would be to set the RAT preference to ‘auto’ and the ask for
> network preferences.
>
> I can see that neither RAT preference or network preference is implemented
> on some cheap-ass 3G devices. Is there any third way to set the network mode
> / RAT???

There is "NAS Set System Selection Preference" and "NAS Set Technology
Preference" at least; qmicli has
--nas-set-system-selection-preference, but no command for the second
message type. ModemManager will use both; i.e. if "NAS Set System
Selection Preference" is not supported, it will fallback to "NAS Set
Technology Preference", which I believe is available in older devices.