MC7304 connection?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue May 20 04:39:48 PDT 2014

Hey Bjørn,

I see you pushed the kernel driver updates for the MC7304 (1199:68c0),
so I'll assume you already tested one?

This device shows up with 3 cdc-wdm/WWAN pairs. Of those, only two
seem to work for me (the ones in ifs 8 and 10); while another one (the
one in if 11) doesn't reply to any of my QMI commands. Any idea why is
that? Are you sure it's a QMI interface?

And the big issue now; I've tried to get the modem connected, but I
don't seem to be able to do it. The QMI connection setup works well,
but then dhclient will just timeout trying to get the IP setup. I've
tried with using the IP settings that the modem reports in Get Current
Settings, but even if I set the parameters I'm told to, nothing goes
through the interface. Any idea what can be happening? Any hint on
what I can do to debug this issue?

I'm running on a 3.14.4 kernel with qmi_wwan update with the new VID/PIDs.