MC7304 connection?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed May 21 03:46:45 PDT 2014

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:

> The behaviour is interesting. It matches my experiences with the MC7710.
> It also has a mode with 3 QMI functions, where the last one (if #20 on
> the MC7710) does not work.  I tried to debug that, but it fails by just
> not responding at all on the interrupt endpoint so there isn't really
> that much to do.

I just retried this, and see the same behaviour.  This is the interrupt
endpoint config of my 3rd QMI function:

    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber       20
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           3
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x89  EP 9 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
        bInterval               5

But trying to submit an interrupt URB on endpoint 0x89 results in no
notifications at all, even after submitting a QMI request.  We get
notthing back until we kill the URB again.

And blindly trying to read responses using control in messages referring
to interface 20 just results in empty reads.

This function seems dead.  Makes me wonder if they have exceeded som
internal endpoint limit or something.