How to build qmicli only ?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue May 27 03:34:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM, reiner otto <augustus_meyer at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Is there a standard option/method to build qmicli only from the sources ? As
> I am using qmgcli on an embedded system, no graphics support necessary. And
> to install all the gtk-stuff before occupies quite some valuable storage.
> Not to mention compile time :-)

But libqmi doesn't require any GTK+ stuff, as there is no UI provided
by the library...

The only gtk-* thing we require is gtk-doc, to build the
documentation, but documentation building is disabled by default (i.e.
--enable-gtk-doc = no by default) when running configure.

I'm going to guess that your problem is actually running "autogen.sh"
from a git checkout, as that requires to run "gtkdocize". If that is
your case, then you can avoid building from a git checkout, and build
instead from a release tarball, which just has configure, no autogen.
If that is not your issue, please reply with the exact error you get
when trying to build libqmi/qmicli.

Cheers!