Suggested and know working 4G modem in mini-pcie with libre driver?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 08:08:07 PST 2015

On Wed, 2015-12-09 at 22:56 +0100, BenoƮt wrote:
> Many thanks Dan!
> Just a last question: I have a passive cooling server I am using as
> my wireless access point + 3g modem.
> The device has two antennas and right now I am connected each antenna
> to the "main" connector of each 3g modem and wireless card.
> Everything is working fine
> What about with a 4g modem? I guess it needs two antennas?

Yes, they will use the antennas for TX and RX diversity and you'll get
slightly better signal levels with multiple antennas.  Also, for LTE
you'll need multiple antennas to reach the higher bandwidths that LTE
provides.

> What if I am putting in parallel wireless and 4g cards on the same
> two antennas?

I wouldn't recommend this.  You should have at least one antenna for
each card, and ideally as many antennas per card as the card wants.
 For most devices that means 2 antennas; you can skip the GPS antenna
if you want.

Dan