MC7430 modem issue

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Dec 30 01:19:36 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 4:31 AM, dailijin <dailijin126 at 126.com> wrote:
> I noticed libqmi added some changes for MC7455 modem yesterday, and I know
> the MC7430 and MC7455  based on 9X30, so they are similar, if MC7455 can't
> work via libqmi now, the MC7430 should also can't work via libqmi till now.
> Am I right?

The new updates in libqmi just make it easier to handle the new raw-ip
support in the kernel driver, they're not a hard requirement to make
the setup work. If you integrate the kernel patches from net-next in
your kernel (that's what I did, but I'm using 4.2, so it was pretty
straightforward) you should be able to use raw-ip in the network
interface.