Huawei e3272s

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 09:10:54 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-07-14 at 11:09 +0300, Alexey Popov wrote:
> Hi!
> Is there a list of qmi-enabled modems? I have Huawei e3272s usb modem

No, there's no list anywhere except the USB IDs in the kernel drivers.
Those are pretty hard to match up to modem model #s though, and
manufacturers use the same USB IDs for completely different hardware.

> (probably it has Chipset Qualcomm MSM6290). Does it have qmi capability?

Hard to tell, unless you have access to the Huawei Windows drivers to
inspect them.  I looked at some drivers/firmware for the E3272s and it
appears that it's actually not Qualcomm-based, but a HiLink Balong V7R1
chipset.  So it won't support QMI and I think all you can use are AT
commands and the ethernet port.  There should be ModemManager support
for that (via ^NDISDUP) at least.

> Should I turn some ports on (with at^setport) in order to get /dev/cdc-wdm
> device?

Given that it's likely a HiLink chipset, I don't think that would do
anything useful here.

Dan