Netgear Aircard 341U in QMI mode, switching to 802.3

Markus Gothe nietzsche at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jun 11 06:44:23 PDT 2015

Ah... Yeah, I can see advantages of the driver being dynamic enough to handle raw-ip.
I guess as for my embedded systems use-cases it doesnt matter much how this is done since the end-users never have to handle the setup of the devices. Im just afraid that the snooping would go wrong because of firmware issues.

I can confirm that you are correct about your nasty feeling; ZTE's MBIM stack as an example actually wraps around QMI and depending on probe it might end up in MBIM-, CWID- or QMI-mode. So you can always given the correct switch command switch them over to QMI (which, the switch commands, I suppose has been given to me under NDA, however I had to RE their MBIMd to see that it wrapped around QMI).

//M