3G Modem MC8805:qmicli succesfuly connected but no IP after dhclient

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Nov 9 09:57:32 PST 2015

Benoît <benoitne at gmail.com> writes:

> You are right that changing the Mac address is not my final objective
> My aim is to be able to change the wwan0 name to something else and
> because I am using the udev rules to do it and it is based on the Mac
> address this is the reason I would like to fix it
> but perhaps there is another solution?

If you can match the device so you can set the mac address, then you
could just set the name instead.  Matching on a mac address you've set
in another udev rule makes no sense.

> (I have tried and it is like I am not able as something force the name
> to be wwan0)
>
> I have tried to add NAME="" but when I do that the interface is not
> visible in the system at all :(

You have to set NAME to something, and it should be a valid netdevice
name.  Lots of stuff will work, but not everything.

> don't hesitate if you have a tips to change the name without changing
> the MAC would be very cool :)

This should work:

SUBSYSTEM=="net",ACTION=="add",ATTRS{idVendor}=="413c",ATTRS{idProduct}=="81a3",NAME="foobar"