qmi-network script under cron

BenoƮt benoitne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:06:02 PST 2015

Hi!

Just a little thing I figured out after 1 hour of research..so it can
perhaps help other just in case..

I am building a fail-over router based on ppp for my main Internet
access and wwan for my spare link (based on qmi-network and qmicli
commands).
I have built a script testing the link independently and switch to wwan
in case of failure.
I am also managing auto re-connection in case of wwan failure (based on
Status from qmi-network)

Everything is working fine when I launch my script manually unless when
I putted it on cron job...
Then I figured out that this is because of some commands in qmi-network
script where cron needs full path for qmicli to work properly.

A simple sed -i 's|qmicli|/usr/local/bin/qmicli|g'
/usr/local/bin/qmi-network solved my problem!
perhaps a good idea to add this on a future release?

belette