Carrier certification with libqmi ?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Oct 14 02:40:41 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone passed carrier certification using libqmi ?  I see they are asking for UI or a client app to provide them lot of control and visibility while they are doing their tests. Some of them (below) I am not sure how to do using libqmi. I would appreciate any help. Need to decided whether we need to add official Gobi drivers and SDK for this purpose.
>>
>> - initiate PRL update (from network) on the client
>
> Not supported in libqmi yet, but it doesn't look horrible to do.  Seems
> to be done by starting an OMA "session" with the specific type
> (client/network/device initiated PRL update) and letting the session run
> to completion.
>
>> - initiate Firmware update (from network) on the client
>
> For this one, I cannot find anything in the Gobi SDK that allows a
> network-initiated firmware update.  But since the latest public Gobi, SDK
> stuff is a couple years old now, maybe they've added it later?
>
> Client firmware upgrades may already work, Aleksander would have more
> info there.

libqmi has OMA service support since some time ago, but the
corresponding qmicli commands were not added. Mainly, because we
implemented the OMA service support directly in ModemManager:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/api/latest/gdbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.Oma.html

Regarding the firmware upgrades, I haven't seen anything related in
the OMA service. We've seen "device configuration" requests via OMA,
though, see:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/libqmi/libqmi-glib/latest/libqmi-glib-OMA-enumerations-and-flags.html#QmiOmaSessionType