Carrier certification with libqmi ?

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Oct 14 02:45:08 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 5:01 AM, Ramesh Siripurapu
<ramesh.siripurapu at aptiwiz.com> wrote:
>>>  - initiate PRL update (from network) on the client
>>
>> Not supported in libqmi yet, but it doesn't look horrible to do. Seems
>> to be done by starting an OMA "session" with the specific type
>> (client/network/device initiated PRL update) and letting the session run
>> to completion.
>
> I do see OMA DM APIs in libqmi, but there is no qmicli support for them. I am assuming, I can do following sequence to update the NI PRL. Please correct me if I am wrong
> qmi_message_oma_start_session_input_new ()
> qmi_message_oma_start_session_input_set_session_type (QMI_OMA_SESSION_TYPE_NETWORK_INITIATED_PRL_UPDATE)
> qmi_client_oma_start_session ()
> qmi_client_oma_start_session_finish ()
>
> What are the QmiMessageOmaSendSelectionInput and QmiMessageOmaSetFeatureSettingInput for ? Do I have to call any of those APIs ?

You'll need qmi_client_oma_send_selection() when accepting a
network-initiated session. See e.g.:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/src/mm-broadband-modem-qmi.c#n9068

The MMBroadbandModemQmi class in the like above uses most of the OMA
service commands.