hardware compatibility list?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 13:20:14 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-09-09 at 14:48 -0400, Randy Yates wrote:
> Is there a hardware compatibility list for the libqmi library? I am
> hoping to be able to use it with the Telit LE910-SVG.

If the device is supported by the Linux kernel drivers for QMI-based
devices (eg, qmi_wwan) then we expect that device to work with libqmi.
If the device actually supports QMI, but doesn't work with libqmi, then
we'd love to hear about it and we'll fix it.  There are a few devices
that implement QMI so badly that they don't work, but that's not the
fault of libqmi itself, it's that the device's firmware is awful.

So maybe you want a list of modules "known to expose enough QMI to work
acceptably with any QMI implementation, not just libqmi..."?  In any
case, that list is pretty much the kernel's qmi_wwan driver, which we
add new devices to once we know they mostly work.

Hope that helps?

Dan