Problem with AirCard 340U on embedded Linux

Evade Flow evadeflow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:45:05 UTC 2016

> What about this just after plugging the device, without having
run
> qmi-network?
>
> $ qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wda-get-data-format
>
> If it says "raw-ip"; then it may make sense what happened to you.

Thanks, Aleksander. It does, indeed, show 'raw-ip':

root at mel-automotive-gr-mrb $ qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wda-get-data-format
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got data format
                   QoS flow header: no
               Link layer protocol: 'raw-ip'
  Uplink data aggregation protocol: 'disabled'
Downlink data aggregation protocol: 'disabled'
                     NDP signature: '0'
  Uplink data aggregation max size: '0'
Downlink data aggregation max size: '0'

For my own education, can you elaborate as to how it makes sense?