QMICLI IPV6 problem on MC7354

Tang Nguyen tang_nguyen at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 13:49:52 UTC 2016

Hi Bjorn,

You are right. Verizon network requires 2 PDP context from modem to connect to their network. By factory default, Sierra program PDP#1 as vzwims, and PDP#3 as vzwinternet.  To establish the data call, application sends request with PDP#3 to get ip address from network.

Since I am using R&S CMW500 callbox, so the APN is not a matter.  On Call box, I saw 2 PDP context is activated, one is for vzwims and other is vzwinternet.  AT command replies with PDP#1 information.

Tang

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:29 AM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer at t-online.de> writes:
> Am 18.08.2016 um 00:17 schrieb Tang Nguyen:
>>

>> ****Send AT command to modem and got both ipv4 and ipv6:
>> at+cgcontrdp +CGCONTRDP:
>> 1,5,vzwims,172.22.1.100,FC01:ABAB:CDCD:EFE0:0:0:0:1,
>> FE80:0:0:0:290:B8FF:FE01:FFF1,172.22.1.201
>> FC01:CAFE:0:0:0:0:0:1,,FCB1:ABAB:CDCD:6FEE:0:0:0:1
>>
>> OK
>

> Sorry for being off topic.
> Is it true, that your ISP gives you only Unique Local Unicast Addresses?

Note that the APN here is "vzwims".  I assume "ims" means "IP Multimedia
Subsystem".  I don't know anything about the vz network, but the IMS APN
would normally be in an VPN without Internet access. ULA addressing
makes some sense there, since they don't need to route anything outside
there own network.

Personally I would still have used normal global addresses.  Easier to
manage and gives some "branding" value.  No need to be careful about
using them for private networks.  It's not like we're going to run out
anytime soon :)