can't set PIN code on a MC7430

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Dec 21 08:29:05 UTC 2016

Christophe Ronco <c.ronco-externe at kerlink.fr> writes:

> [...]

Comparing this with mine (from an EM7455, which should basically be the
same in this regard), I notice one significant difference: SIM vs USIM

[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Successfully got card status
Provisioning applications:
        Primary GW:   slot '0', application '0'
        Primary 1X:   session doesn't exist
        Secondary GW: session doesn't exist
        Secondary 1X: session doesn't exist
Card [0]:
        Card state: 'present'
        UPIN state: 'not-initialized'
                UPIN retries: '0'
                UPUK retries: '0'
        Application [0]:
                Application type:  'usim (2)'
                Application state: 'ready'
                Application ID:
                        A0:00:00:00:87:10:02:FF:49:FF:05:89
                Personalization state: 'ready'
                UPIN replaces PIN1: 'no'
                PIN1 state: 'enabled-verified'
                        PIN1 retries: '3'
                        PUK1 retries: '10'
                PIN2 state: 'blocked'
                        PIN2 retries: '0'
                        PUK2 retries: '10'
        Application [1]:
                Application type:  'unknown (0)'
                Application state: 'detected'
                Application ID:
                        A0:00:00:00:63:50:4B:43:53:2D:31:35
                Personalization state: 'unknown'
                UPIN replaces PIN1: 'no'
                PIN1 state: 'not-initialized'
                        PIN1 retries: '0'
                        PUK1 retries: '0'
                PIN2 state: 'not-initialized'
                        PIN2 retries: '0'
                        PUK2 retries: '0'
Card [1]:
        Card state: 'absent'
        UPIN state: 'not-initialized'
                UPIN retries: '0'
                UPUK retries: '0'

I don't now shit about these things, but I got the impression that you
need "USIM" cards for anything non-2G.  And the MC74xx does not support
2G.

Should at least be a simple theory to test with another card.