Telit LE910-NVG

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Feb 4 10:44:56 PST 2016

Randy Yates <yates at digitalsignallabs.com> writes:

> After running this code, the 910 enumerates on the USB bus. I see
> /dev/ttyUSB0 through /dev/ttyUSB4. I can also connect to /dev/ttyUSB2
> and issue AT commands successfully, e.g., "AT+GSN" and receive the
> IMEI number back.
>
> Also the result of lsusb looks right:
>
>   root at arm:~# lsusb
>   Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1bc7:1201 Telit
>   Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
..
> The qmi_wwan kernel module also appears to be loaded as evidenced
> from the lsmod:

qmi_wwan is supposed to bind to interface #2 on that device.  I don't
know why it hasn't.  dmesg output would be good.  Maybe there is some
error?  Or maybe some other driver has bound to that interface already?
It is blacklisted in the option driver, but if you (or some script) has
messed with dynamic IDs then it could still be taken.

A few commands to try debug this further:

 lsusb -vd 1bc7:1201
 ls -ld /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/driver
 dmesg
 cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id