Telit LE910-NVG

Sebastian Sjoholm sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 06:51:42 CET 2016

Hi,

I did some digging, and the NVG model seems to belong in the same group as the EUG, NAG, SVG and SKG. The NVG seems to be “Verizon” specific with WCDMA bands (the SVG is Verizon as well, but without WCDMA bands).

The latest AT specification document does contain commands for all LE9x0 models, which logically should include the LE910-NVG as well, but in the applicability table of the document there is only LE910 models EUG, NAG and SVG listed. Still the hardware should be based on the same chipset I would assume.

In the revision history of the document it clearly states that the LE910 and LE920 was merged in to one AT SPEC document (2015-01-13) and there are set of new commands and one of them are the USBCFG command as well.

I would ask Telit rep and confirm that you have latest firmware in the modem, because if the LE9x0 AT Command Reference (80407ST10116A Rev 14 2015-12-23) is the document you should be used, then your firmware is quite old. (this document can be downloaded from Telit website).

But as Björn says, you should be able to access it with qmicli;

Example (from sierra mc7304):

# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-capabilities
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Device capabilities retrieved:
        Max TX channel rate: '50000000'
        Max RX channel rate: '100000000'
               Data Service: 'non-simultaneous-cs-ps'
                        SIM: 'supported'
                   Networks: 'gsm, umts, lte'
#

When you get “+CME ERROR: activation failed” when trying to activate PDP context, then there can be issue with subscriber data, PS is not attached or wrong APN.

You should try without the extra parameters in the CGDCONT

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP",”broadbandt"

Regards,
Sebastian

> On Feb 6, 2016, at 06:17 , Randy Yates <yates at digitalsignallabs.com> wrote:
>
> Sebastian Sjoholm <sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found an old version of the AT specs that does not contain this USBCFG, so the “Error” you receive seems correct.
>>
>> Could you printout following;
>>
>> AT+GMI
>> AT+GMM
>> AT+GMR
>> ATI
>
> AT+GMI
> Telit
>
> OK
> AT+GMM
> LE910-NVG
>
> OK
> AT+GMR
> 17.00.513
>
> OK
> ATI
> 332
>

>> -Sebastian

>>> I get an error.

>>> wwan0? That sounds an awful lot like a network interface name, but
>>> ifconfig only shows the usual "lo" and "eth0" names.
>>>
>>> Oh, and I am very embarrassed to admit this, but I had forgotten to put
>>> the SIM in!
>>>
>>> I was also running some AT commands our Telit rep suggested and got an
>>> error (after putting the SIM in):
>>>
>>> AT#USBCFG?
>>> ERROR
>>> AT+CMEE=2
>>> OK
>>> AT+CREG=2
>>> OK
>>> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","broadbandt","0.0.0.0",0,0
>>> OK
>>> AT#SGACT=1,1
>>> +CME ERROR: activation failed
>>> AT#SGACTCFG=1,1