PLS8-X cellular Module Issue with libqmi

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 17:08:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 09:33 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 6:47 AM, 黃淵河 <s0156114.cs01g at g2.nctu.edu.tw>
> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone use Cinterion PLS8-X module successful with libqmi ?
> >
> > PLS8-X module's product id is 0x61.
> >
> > I had patched qmi_wwan.c and option.c for PLS8-X module.
> >
> > But it still can't create cdc-wdm0 device node.
> >
> > Does anyone has idea with this issue ?
>
> I have a PLS8 (0x1e2d 0x0060) myself in a development board Cinterion
> sent me a while ago; I guess the PLS8-X is a new model?
>
> How exactly did you patch the qmi_wwan driver?
>
> Can you share the output of "$ lsusb -v -d 1e2d:0061" ?

Verizon says:

https://opennetwork.verizonwireless.com/content/open-development/device
s-modules/modules/CinterionPLS8X_2844.html

Drivers: CDC_ECM, CDC_ACM

And other documentation for the PLS8-<whatever> line suggests that even
on Windows all you get is CDC-ECM and CDC-ACM.  The drivers, while they
do suggest a Qualcomm chipset, do not look like QMI-based drivers
at all.  My thought is that this device (and the PLS8-E and others) do
not expose QMI functionality.

Dan