Two network interfaces on one device

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed May 11 13:31:59 UTC 2016

Enrico Sau <enrico.sau at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm approaching a new project where I need to use two network interfaces
> with two IP addresses with a single QMI device modem.
>
> Did anyone experienced anything similar?

Yes.  This works fine if the modem supports multiple QMI functions, like
most Sierra Wireless modems for example.  Or did you need to multiplex
two sessions over one QMI function?  If so, then I don't know how to do
that.

I don't know of any modem with more than 2 working QMI functions, soif
you want more sessions from one modem then you should look at MBIM
instead.