Point to Point interface over qmi_wwan device

Tang Nguyen tang_nguyen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 16:28:12 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I have tested /32 mask on wwan without running dhclient. but seems not working .  The  packet connection successfully connected but it would be dropped after a while.  Looks like Sierra firmware waits for dhclient discovery request from host, and after a while it would disconnect the data link.
My module is MC7354 (ATT)
What I did as below:
1. start network connection.  Verify connection status with command: qmicli  -d /dev/cdc-wdm3 --wds-get-packet-service-status2. Send AT command to modem to show assigned IP address3. Using ip command to set ip address from step #2 for wwan interface4. Set default route to wwan interface5.  Ping outside faild with error: "Destination Host Unreachable"
Other running PPPd over serial USB port, is there any way we can force cellular interface to be a point-to-point interface ?
ThanksTang