Point to Point interface over qmi_wwan device

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 17:17:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 16:28 +0000, Tang Nguyen wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have tested /32 mask on wwan without running dhclient. but seems
> not working .  The  packet connection successfully connected but it
> would be dropped after a while.  Looks like Sierra firmware waits for
> dhclient discovery request from host, and after a while it would
> disconnect the data link.
> My module is MC7354 (ATT)
> What I did as below:
> 1. start network connection.  Verify connection status with command:
> qmicli  -d /dev/cdc-wdm3 --wds-get-packet-service-status2. Send AT
> command to modem to show assigned IP address3. Using ip command to

Why use the AT command?  Why not:

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm3 --wds-get-current-settings --client-no-release-
cid --client-cid=<cid from start network>

I seem to recall we've had devices before that didn't fully set up the
WAN interface until they got asked for the IP details, and I wouldn't
necessarily trust the AT interpreter to do the same thing.  But the QMI
GetCurrentSettings request might.

Dan