Point to Point interface over qmi_wwan device

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Oct 6 19:28:51 UTC 2016

Tang Nguyen <tang_nguyen at yahoo.com> writes:

> Thank you Bjorn, but it doesn't help when i applied that patch.  All
> incoming packets are still dropped.  Any other patch or file I should
> take a look on ?  You mentioned minidriver in your commit, would you
> please let me know what is it ? I might get some hint from your answer
> to get raw-ip mode working with kernel 3.14.68.

I don't think anything else is strictly necessary.  The only other patch
relevant to raw-ip between v4.4 and v4.5 is this one:

 6c730080e663 ("net: qmi_wwan: should hold RTNL while changing netdev type")

You do want that as well, but it is only a bugfix and missing it should
not prevent the device from working.

Debugging backports is an art in itself... Try adding some debug output
to figure out where and why the packets are dropped.