libqmi / Quectel EC21/EC25

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun Oct 9 07:30:03 UTC 2016

Sebastian Sjoholm <sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com> writes:

> So it seems clear that the “qmi_wwan_change_dtr” is working, I must
> have done something wrong last week when I was testing.

Good.  Then we know and understand the requirerments.  And what to
expect of future Qualcomm chips...

> How do you suggest me to change the lines so they would work for Quectel EC25/EC21 as well.

I wish I knew.  When I added the quirk for the MC7455 I was hoping that
we could match this by "modern chip" => USB3 supported.  But we
obviously can't.

I don't see any real option except making this a device specific quirk.
Preferably by using a flag in the device ID list, as we have to expect
this to be a common requirement for new devices.

Anyone else with better ideas?

> Here is the USB data for EC25;

Thanks.  As expected, I don't think there is anything we can reliably
match on there, except for the device IDs.