DHCP client and MC7304

Kasper Holtze kasper at holtze.dk
Mon Apr 10 11:16:27 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have an issue with my modems changing IP address, when the modem is
travelling and shortly looses connection. After the connection is
restored, the modem has a new IP address. But the wwan0 interface still
has the "old" IP address, as it has not expired, and the modem has not
been disconnected from the computer as such.

I'm using udhcpc. Would it help to replace it with dhclient? Is the DHCP
protocol / qmi_wwan able to handle this scenario at all? Are there any
other options than to continuously comparing the IP address in the modem
with the one at the interface, and forcing renew of the address if they
do not match?

Thank you!

Kasper