DHCP client and MC7304

Alexander Kappner akg at godking.net
Wed Apr 12 22:06:22 UTC 2017

Is there any reason why qmi-network does not (at least offer to) automatically configure the network interface with the data from --wds-get-current-settings (e.g. through ifconfig/ip), without the need to get a DHCP client involved?

I recently came across a similar problem on an EM7455 where the interface would not successfully DHCP, and I solved it by screenscraping the --wds-get-current-settings output and calling ifconfig to manually set ip/netmask/getway. Any good reasons why this might be a bad idea? If not,  I'll submit a patch for qmicli and qmi-network to provide automatic setup of ip, netmask and routes.

Thanks

--Alexander