dlink dwm221-B1 failed regression test - time out

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Fri Apr 14 21:56:30 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 10:29 PM, Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer at t-online.de> wrote:
>> Everything goes fine until here; then MM asks for the MSISDN and the
>> device just stops responding.  Any chance you could try NULLing that
>> function out and see if it's that one request, or something else?
>
> Thank you!
>
> I think, I applied your patch correctly. (also removed -Werror in Makefile).
>
> But it did not help.

Could you try getting debug logs as generated by the qmi-proxy?
There's are some "broken pipe" errors in the MM log that I don't like,
maybe the proxy is segfaulting or something. Steps to get the logs
would be:

$ sudo systemctl stop ModemManager
$ sudo killall -9 qmi-proxy
$ sudo /usr/libexec/qmi-proxy --verbose --no-exit > /tmp/qmi-proxy.log 2>&1 &
$ sudo systemctl start ModemManager

Hopefull you'll then get the qmi proxy logs in that file, let's see if
we see something there.

Note the qmi-proxy binary may be in another path in your distribution.