EM7455 don't work and can't upgrade firmware

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Apr 24 12:07:14 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 2:28 AM, Emiliano Gonzalez
<emiliano.gonzalez at uruip.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have problem with EM7455. I use USB adapter.
> My card always stay in mode ‘low-power’.
> Attached log of my console and qmi-firmware-update process.

Looks like the modem doesn't properly reboot when requested to do so?
That's weird.

The "low-power" mode may be related because no proper modem+pri pair
is available in the device.

By any chance, do you have ModemManager or some other process running
that would talk to the TTY or the QMI port? What distribution is this,
and what libqmi version does it have?

Can you try to manually request a power cycle in QDL download mode?
$ qmi-firmware-update -d 413c:81b6 --reset

Does the modem expose any AT-capable TTY port?