Building Debs from Git

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Feb 6 08:58:48 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 10:20 PM, Adam Sherman <adam at sherman.ca> wrote:
> What is the quick rundown to build Debian packages from the Git master
> branch[0]?
>
> I have the source package from the PPA[1].
>
> I haven't rebuilt a deb in any meaningful way since 2005.

This is what I'd do:
 Build libqmi from git master but don't make install, just make dist
 Rename the generated tarball with the .orig. suffix thing required by
the debian packaging.
 Extract the tarball, get into the extracted directory
 Get the debian directory from the PPA packaging and copy it into the
extracted directory before
 Bump version in debian/changelog
 dpkg-buildpackage -b

There's probably a cleaner way to do, though, I'm no debian developer :)