Building Debs from Git

Adam Sherman adam at sherman.ca
Tue Feb 7 18:56:14 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-07 01:49 PM, Adam Sherman wrote:
> Just gave that a try using the libqmi Git repo[1] and your instructions.
> The patch doesn't seem to apply cleanly, which I thought odd since you
> are clearly building it yourself for the PPA?
>
> Looks like I may need to stop taking shortcuts and actually learn how
> these packages work. :|

After writing the above, it occurred to me that the patch is probably a
temporary file you were using and that it has likely been applied to the
master branch. So I just removed it and built the package.

Unfortunately, it gives me this error, which isn't very helpful:

dh_makeshlibs: failing due to earlier errors
debian/rules:5: recipe for target 'binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1376:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed

Does it build for you?

Thanks,

A.

--