Set technology preference to chosen type only.

Adam Sherman adam at sherman.ca
Wed Feb 15 16:53:56 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-15 11:49 AM, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
>> I just did the above, mostly because the card kept connecting on UMTS
>> instead of LTE. (It would pick LTE maybe 50% of the time, sitting at the
>> same location.)
>>
>> Now my card won't register.  Ever heard of that?
> Is the LTE network coverage good enough where you're at? You can
> always set SSP back to "lte|umts".

I'm usually on LTE with the laptop in exactly the same place, with
near-100 signal strength, it just bumps to UMTS on occasion.

I tried the following:

$ sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 -p
--nas-set-system-selection-preference="lte|umts"
error: couldn't set operating mode: QMI protocol error (25):
'DeviceUnsupported'

What would the correct argument be?

A.

--