Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 21:08:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-01-06 at 16:45 +0100, Benoît wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested to buy a new laptop which includes Qualcomm
> Snapdragon X7 LTE-A
> Any idea if libqmi supports it ?

"Snapdragon X7 LTE-A" is a marketing name for one of the chips soldered
onto the minicard in the laptop.  But this name doesn't tell us
anything about that minicard or how the minicard presents itself to the
OS.

Ideally you could figure out what the OEM (eg, Sierra, Huawei, ZTE,
etc) is and what the model # of the actual minicard is.  Like Sierra
EM7455 or Huawei EM820W etc.

Without the actual model number, we cannot know whether it'll work with
libqmi, or whether it would use MBIM or some other protocol/mode.

Dan