MC7455 problem

Christophe Ronco c.ronco-externe at kerlink.fr
Wed Jan 11 09:14:30 UTC 2017

Hi Heni,
On 01/11/2017 09:48 AM, heni wael wrote:
> Good day every body
>
> I have some issues trying to connect internet with the Sierra MC7455
> modem
>
> I used the qmi_wwan driver provided by linux kernel (3.10.0-514.2.2)
> on centos 7
> and cant connect using qmicli and qmi-network tools
> I saw in the documentation of this device that it support only raw ip
> mode
> i ask if the qmi_wwan provided by this kernel version support this
> mode or not
To support raw-ip mode in qmi_wwan driver, you will need patches in this
driver and in drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c done by Bjorn Mork.
They are in vanilla kernel 4.5. I assume they are not in your kernel.
The patches I have applied (on my 4.1 kernel):
net: qmi_wwan: MDM9x30 specific power management
net: qmi_wwan: support "raw IP" mode
net: qmi_wwan: should hold RTNL while changing netdev type
net: qmi_wwan: ignore bogus CDC Union descriptors
usbnet: allow mini-drivers to consume L2 headers

You will also need a quite recent libqmi package. I assume at least
1.14.0 to have this patch (from Aleksander Morgado):
qmi-network: if kernel allows updating LLP, prefer device-reported LLP

> And other thing
>
> I Blacklisted the qmi_wwan  used GobiKernel and GobiSerial drivers
> provided by Sierra but cant connect to qmi interface at all  using qmi-cli
> (qmicli -d  /dev/qcqmi0 --dms-get-manufacturer
> [11 ينا 2017, 03:08:31] -Warning ** Error reading from istream: Error
> reading from file descriptor: Invalid request descriptor
> error: couldn't create client for the 'dms' service: CID allocation
> failed in the CTL client: Device must be open to send commands
> )
>
> Can any Help me
>
> Thanks

Christophe