WDS Bind Mux Port?

Daniele Palmas dnlplm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:48:12 UTC 2017

>>> You are correct.
>>>
>>> But aren't we able to have several data connections on same device with
>>> MBIM, I would remember that Björn did have some example of that, or is
>>> memory failing me? (of course this would be outside the QMI scope).
>>
>> Yes, exactly, MBIM is working fine in that way.
>>
>> But there are people that need the modem to be controlled through QMI
>> and have the requirement to setup multiple concurrent data session,
>> making this a showstopper for qmi_wwan.
>
> If this is indeed something to support, why don't we set it up as well
> with qmi_wwan/libqmi?

That would be great.

To be honest, it's not completely clear to me the effort at the
qmi_wwan driver level, but at first sight I don't think they are
trivial (not an expert, so I could be wrong).

As you pointed out, the gobinet driver is not really explicative (lot
of magic numbers) and this makes things harder.

Hope to take a deeper look at this sooner or later.

Daniele