Sierra EM/MC7455 get current connection state?

Fabian Schörghofer fabian.schoergi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:00:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

is it possible to query the current state of the connection?
Some background info: My ISP disconnects the modem every 24 hours. The
interface on the host will still use the old IP and won't get any info
that a disconnect has happened.

Is there some AT/QMI command that will show the current status of the
connection? Without ICMP or other IP related stuff?

My previous device (E3372 with huawei_ether) had this functionality,
although on a driver level. If a 24hrs disconnected happened, the
interface on the host "lost" the IP address.

Regards