MC7455 9008 Device

Sebastian Sjoholm sebastian.sjoholm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:09:25 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 1:53 AM, Noah Taber <noahtaber at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Fabian.  I see the post here:
>
> https://sigquit.wordpress.com/2016/12/09/qmi-firmware-update-with-libqmi/
>
> Now I just need to get the colleague to learn basic linux... haha.
>
> If this doesn't work, any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Fabian Schörghofer <
> fabian.schoergi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The "qmi-firmware-update" might be able to solve your problem. You can
>> find discussions here on the lists.

I had same issue with one of my EM7455 with failed firmware updates, in
windows it was not recognized properly. It seemed that I had old drivers,
after updated to "GenericDriverSetup_Build4581" it was recognized properly.
I was then able to run upgrade from Windows to restore it normal state. I
used an M.2 USB adapter for the EM7455.

Now I will go back to Linux and try the "qmi-firmware-update".

-Sebastian