ANN: 1.17.900 released (unstable)

Tang Nguyen tang_nguyen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 16:00:48 UTC 2017

    On Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:52 AM, Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:

 On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:02 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
>> On Wed, 1/25/17, Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
>>
>>  Which
>>  system is this, btw?
>>
>> Tang: I am testing on PowerPC embedded system, running Debian Linux.
>
> In big endian mode, I guess?
>
> Ouch,...  Well, it's really good to have that tested as early as this.
> Thanks for doing that.
>
> But you know, the original code was developed by trial-and-error on a PC
> only.  Which tends to leave some questions unanswered wrt endianness.
> So there was probably a few hundred endianness bugs in the code
> Aleksander got from me. Some of them could have survived his massive
> cleanup.

Interestingly, the backtrace shows the bug happening deep within GUdev...

Tang: You are right, Bjorn. Absolutely it is the endian problem because qmi-firmware-update works like a charm on ARM platform.  I've just tested on ARM embedded system, and it works well.

Tang, would it be possible for you to debug this further, e.g.
installing GUdev and GLib/GIO debug symbols and retrying? Otherwise,
would you be able to give me ssh access to the system where you're
running this?
Tang: I'll try to install GUdev/Glib/GIO debug symbol for more debug info.  Also I will try to setup a PowerPC system for ssh access.Thanks Alek