WDS Bind Mux Port?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Mar 6 11:10:14 UTC 2017

Daniele Palmas <dnlplm at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi Bjørn,
>
> I'm not sure which is the proper way we can go forward with this on
> the kernel side.
>
> Are you going to submit a patch for kernel inclusion or would you like
> me to do so?

It's best if you do.  I don't think I'll be able to commit enough time
to finish up this work.  Sorry about that, and thanks for picking it up.

> In the latter case, which way should I follow for giving you proper
> credit, since it is 99% code written by you?

Whatever way you want :)

Feel free to submit it with me as "author" if you think that is most
correct, but it's not important to me.  I believe you already have my
signed-off-by for the part I did.  Just make sure to properly credit
anyone else having contributed as well.  I'll leave it up to you to
figure out whether to use tags, free text commit message, or code
comments for that.

FWIW, I had this exact dilemma with the initial submission of the
cdc_mbim driver, which was mostly written by Greg Suarez with only a few
short inputs from me. I added a few fixes and cleanups before submitting
it, though.  But I did set Greg as "author" of the initial cdc_mbim
commit, with a SOB from us both, making him take most of the blame :)