rmnet_data from CodeAurora

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Mar 24 21:59:00 UTC 2017

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:

> Perhaps Bjorn and Aleksander have already seen it, perhaps not.  But:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@vger.kernel.org/msg157678.html
>
> I'm still reading through the patchset, but how it affects qmi_wwan
> will be interesting.

Yes, I just saw the response to Daniele's multiplexing patches.

Definitely interesting.  But I don't see any any obvious and immediate
effect for USB connected "rmnet" devices, yet. Nice to see that they are
finally mainlining these drivers.  And it could mean that we get another
wave of open sourced "docs", which is always good.  Believe it or not,
but I hate protocol guessing ;)