MC7430 Connection problem

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Oct 2 20:45:08 UTC 2017

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es> writes:

> Ah, true... then no idea why it didn't allow updating that... first
> time I've seen this.
>
> Erik, can you manually run this?
> $ sudo -s
> # echo Y > /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip

The driver will refuse to change mode if the netdev is running.  I.e. if
the interface is up.  It should log an error and the write should return
-EBUSY in this case.

The driver will also notify other drivers of the upcoming type change,
allowing them to block it.  This will prevent mode change if you have
added the wwanX device to a bridge for example (which isn't a good idea
for a raw ip device).  The sysfs write should still return an
appropriate error code.