MC7430 Connection problem

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Oct 3 10:23:36 UTC 2017

Erik Kazandjian <erik.kazandjian at accelleran.com> writes:

> This always works for me
>
> But I wonder . Why /sys/class/net/wwan0/qmi/raw_ip is set to N. Is
> this a driver issue ? Can I change this ?

You mean by default?  It is 'N'/'false'/'off' for compatibility with
older userspace.  I guess that's pointless for the MC74xx, but IMHO
there isn't much point in building additional default selection logic
into the driver either.  Userspace will have to deal with this
anyway. For a large set of modems, there is an actual choice which makes
it worth the effort to put the logic into userspace.

If you want to change the setting automatically for your modem/system,
then I recommend using a udev rule.  It should be pretty simple.

But userspace should still verify the setting to make sure it matches
the device end, so it doesn't buy you much.